Tuesday, July 20, 2010

9021-OH, the original Beverly Hills

Dylan, Kelly, Brenda, Brandon, David, AND Donna (Martin will Graduate!)

I am just saying...

Is it sad, that this show I was not allowed to watch in high school but so successfully sneaked in EVERY Wednesday night (thank you small feet with a toe that fit just right on the actual tv buttons, I don't need no stinkin' remote!)

When I went to college the trend continued. We watched it religiously every Wednesday. I lived on the 4th floor of the dorms and some of my most favorite dorm memories is rushing down four flights of stairs during commercial breaks to discuss the OH MY GOSH moments while half the dorm puffed down their ciggies...

I moved into my first apartment and we refused to answer the phone on Wedsnesdays because "Don't you know my show is on!!??". We would laugh because our phone always seemed to "blow up" on Wed night (especially in college it was a huge go out night).

I remember the last season, going to my friend Katy's house to watch the show every week as we teared a little each passing show of the FINAL year. I mean we grew up with them! Watched them battle the parents, school, dating, drugs, disasters, etc. They were like family! We bawled the last show.



Of course there was no DVR back then or TiVO in which to record these shows you HAD to be home! So of course I am in utter love with Soap Net because every day they put my "family" back on from 4 - 6 of awesome repeats and I can flashback.

I'm having a bit of nostalgia today...

No comments:

Post a Comment